Monday, February 28, 2011

Triumph project . .

I was looking  for parts for my lil' '58  triumph
when I received the adress of an old man who had
sold a great part of his huge collection of old motorcycles.
He still has a lot of parts and I found a complete rebuild
engine, a 500 cc Unit. At first I wanted to hold it in case
of problem with my '58 . . . but rapidly it began to make
bubbles in my brain . . 'till my friend Lo' (you know, the guy
who bought the 1929 model A project) told me he had a
rigid '67 trump frame. This was the base for my future
chopper. I found the wheels : 18 inches at the rear,
21 for the front, i found a 1971 fork I already transformed.
Some pics of the parts, already shortened the rear ribbed fender,
customized the fork.



 

 

Rear tire is an Avon MKII  400 x 18.

 

Tank is a Triumph Cub, looking like a Wassel.



This is a virtual mockup with the trump gas tank.

Ain't no Chopper . .
Ain't no bobber . . .
Itt's a Chobber . ! !



The ball bearings are going to be replaced by conic modern bearings.

to be continued . .

No comments:

Post a Comment